Chocolate Coated Fruit Sticks
Pieces or slices of fresh fruit ( kiwifruit, banana, strawberries,pineaple ect)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup raw cocao
3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
Line a baking tray with baking paper. Slice fruit and put a stick in each piece. Place fruit in the freezer while you prepare the chocolate. Heat the coconut oil until it becomes a runny liquid (approx. 30 degrees celcius). Stir in the raw cocao and maple syrup. Place in the fridge for a few minutes to thicken slightly. Take the fruit out of the freezer, dip it into the chocolate mixture and place on the lined baking tray. Return to freezer to go hard before dipping the fruit in a second coat of chocolate. Leave in the freezer for a couple of hours or until frozen.
Icy Fruit Treats
Fresh fruit cut into small pieces (we used watermelon, berries, pawpaw and pineapple)
Fruit Juice (We use freshly squeezed beetroot, apple, carrot, silverbeet and kale juice)
Slice fruit and divide between ice-cream moulds or cups. Pour fruit juice over fruit so that it is just covered. Place in the freezer to go hard. If you are using cups, add the sticks after about 1 1/2 hours after placing in the freezer
Basic Banana Ice-cream
Ripe banana's (500g-1kg)
Place banana's in a food processor or thermomix and blend until you create a smooth puree. Pour mixture into molds or cups and leave to set in the freezer.
- Blend through some fresh or frozen berries or add whole ones after blending
- Add 1/4 cup of natural yoghurt to mixture
- Roast banana's with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil before blending
- Add some chopped nuts, seeds or coconut to mixture
- Add 2 tablespoons of raw cocao powder to make choc-banana flavour.
Magic Bean Ice-Creams
1 400g can of coconut milk (dairy milk, yoghurt, cream or almond milk can also be used)
1/4 cup dates (presoaked)
3/4 cup of black beans
1/4 cup of raw cocao
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 cup maple syrup
Place beans, dates, cocao, vanilla and maple syrup in the food processor and blend until pureed. Slowly pour in the coconut milk until mixed through well. Pour mixture into cups or ice cream molds and place in freezer to go hard.
- add 1 tablespoon of peppermint essence for a choc-mint flavour
- add 2 tablespoons of freshly brewed coffee for a mocha flavour
- add some grated chocolate, berries or nuts